By: Tom Sanderson CEO, Transplace and Frank McGuigan, President & Chief Operating Officer, Transplace
Yesterday, Transplace announced that we have selected TPG Capital as our new equity partner. We are thrilled to join with TPG, and this partnership presents significant opportunity for the company and all of our customers.
TPG is our third private equity partner in the past seven years, and we recognize the value they bring to the table in continuing to build and grow our business – which, in turn, allows us to continue to enhance the customer experience. They have a long history of creating value across sectors, including software, technology and industrials, and is an ideal fit to further support Transplace’s mission and vision. This acquisition brings a number of benefits to Transplace, including:
- Supporting Our Commitment to Our Customers: Transplace is committed to continuing to provide exceptional services and innovative solutions to our customers, and partnering with TPG further supports that commitment. Transplace will continue delivering the outstanding service that our customers have come to expect from us each and every day.
- Reinforcing Our Continued Growth Strategy: As Transplace’s new equity partner, TPG will support the continued growth of our business, while building value for our customers and creating attractive opportunities for our employees. Over our history, Transplace has completed seven transactions, including four in the last four years – and with TPG Capital, we will continue to supplement our strong organic growth track record with strategic acquisitions.
- Increasing Our Investment in Innovation: TPG recognizes the tremendous growth and innovation opportunities that are happening in the transportation industry today. Partnering with them will allow Transplace to increase our investment in driving innovation and delivering even greater value to our customers.
TPG’s investment in Transplace also builds on their strategy in the supply chain space of investing in innovative companies that are leveraging software and technology to improve business efficiency. TPG was attracted to Transplace for the following key reasons:
- Deep Industry Expertise: We bring deep expertise in multiple industries, including manufacturing, retail, chemical, packaging and consumer packaged goods.
- Integrated North American Solutions: With operations centers located throughout North America, we deliver integrated solutions tailored to meet in-country and cross-border supply chain needs.
- Strong Proprietary Technology: Our proprietary technology enables shippers to optimize their entire transportation management operations. Our continued investment in expanding our logistics solutions, SaaS TMS and reporting and analytics capabilities help give shippers visibility into and control over their supply chains and deliver real, sustainable business value.
These are exciting times for Transplace, and we’re looking forward to continue to deliver innovative logistics solutions to all of our customers. You may find more information on our new equity partner in our latest press release and on www.tpg.com.
Do you have questions about the selection of our new equity partner?